What is the Education and Training Hub?
The University of Pittsburgh at Titusville’s Education and Training Hub is dedicated to the development of workforce opportunities in Northwest PA. Pitt-Titusville’s Education and Training Hub is a unique model that prioritizes our student's career paths and sets them on the road to success.
Never before have a university, a two-year public college, and a career training organization combined forces to fuel a region's economic rebirth.
Pitt-Titusville’s Education and Training Hub model was deployed in the fall of 2020 and its partners are comprised of Pitt-Titusville, Northern Pennsylvania Regional College, Swanson School of Engineering’s Manufacturing Assistance Center, and Brockway Center for Arts & Technology.
The hub’s available programs reflect its primary mission to develop workforce opportunities within Northwest PA. Available disciplines and training include manufacturing, nursing, early childhood education, business administration and other programs designed to provide students the building blocks for their future careers.
Brockway Center for Arts & Technology - BCAT
Brockway Center for Arts & Technology at Titusville will:
- Establish a Workforce & Opportunity Center for adults and youth on the Titusville campus.
- Create programming designed to fill employer needs through strong partnerships with leading regional corporations, agencies, and organizations.
- Provide fully-funded opportunities for students that qualify.
Pitt-Swanson Engineering - MAC
The Manufacturing Assistance Center will:
- Replicate its world-renowned Manufacturing Assistance Center and offer comprehensive precision machinist training programs, enabling students to master the technical skills regional employers seek.
- Setup and operations of manual and computer numerical control (CNC) machining and coding.
- Training on computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) software.
- Technical math and communication skills.
Northern Pennsylvania Regional College (NPRC)
Northern Pennsylvania Regional College will offer selections from its associate degree program based on local needs.
Current programs include:
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Liberal Studies
- Social Sciences
Additionally, NPRC will offer courses specific to the general education needs of students enrolled in the nursing program.
Click here to view NPRC's academic calendar